YouTube, Flash, Firefox and Fedora

 So I finally decided to reinstall Fedora on my main desktop at home, as
I was running FC6 and was tired of a completely silent PC in defiance of
all explanations and troubleshooting.  I installed F8, and I got my
sound.  I spent a number of hours setting up the machine* and got things
more of less where I wanted them.

I made sure Firefox was installed and working, and even installed Flash
from Adobe.  Doesn't show in the plug-ins dialog, but the RPM is there.
  I went to YouTube, checked out a few videos, and I had both sound and
video.  Everyone was happy, we went back to the church for a
Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat, and didn't get up until the
next morning, when...

...I tried to go back to YouTube.  No errors, but just a white spot
where the video should be.  No sound, no indication that anything should
have been there.  I installed something called "download assistant" (or
the like) which allows me to download the .flv files, and I can play
them in vlc, so I'm set there, but it seems odd that it would just stop
working like this.  Anyone see this before?

*With regard to installation and setup time (in another thread):
The last few machines on which I installed F8 would crash during the
installation routine if I tried to customize the packages.  Therefore,
my procedure now is to take a stock installation and add to it via
yum/kyum.  The initial installation takes perhaps an hour, and going
through the list of thousands of packages takes perhaps another two.
Then there's download/installation time, which I tend to leave for
overnight.  If the repository groups feature worked, it would help (I
could, for example, install all games at once rather than picking
through the lists).

  -Don

believed to be clean.