Re: Solaris 10

 On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:34:13 -0500 (EST)
[hidden email] wrote:

> On a side note, non-technical CIOs and CEOs are still very uncomfortable
> with Linux. I'm amazed, but hey, fact is fact. It is the whole "Who can I
> sue if something goes wrong" argument. The fact that most all EULAs state
> that you can't sue is besides the point.

This is becoming less so. As companies, such as IBM and HP support
Linux on their platforms,  But it also comes down to third party
software, and from a server point of view a lot of that runs on Linux.

I am currently working at a financial software company whose clients
are some of the top financial companies in both the US and the world,
and Linux is a big part of the business. Without checking the maps, I
believe that we only support our product on Solaris and RHEL.

Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846