Re: Mac and Linux

 On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 04:23:02PM -0500, Tom Haskins-Vaughan wrote:
> Ben Eisenbraun wrote:
> >Since you already have NIS/NFS set up, I would just use it for the Mac
> >client as well.  It works fine for the most part.
>
> So would you recommend using NIS? I'd thought of just using NFS. If I
> just used NFS, I'd have to make the shared directory writable to all, no?

At my workplace we have a linux server-based NIS/NFS infrastructure with
about 200 OS X clients using NFS home directories and NIS authentication,
and it all works pretty well.  If it's already set up, there's no reason
not to use it.

You don't necessarily have to use NIS, but it does make some things much
easier.  Matt Gillen's post has a good explanation why.

-ben

--
this machine kills fascists.                           <woody guthrie>

believed to be clean.