Re: SCO goes private!!!

 On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 10:09 PM, David Kramer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3728201/SCO+Plans+Rebound+Thanks+to+100M+Lifeline.htm

I kind of wonder at the way this is being reported.  Given their
bankruptcy circumstances, I would be surprised
if this went through without some kind of court approval.  For
example, their attempt to sell off their patents
was withdrawn when they got too much heat from the creditors on just
how the deal was organized.  If they really
have found somebody willing to put up $100 million (actual press
releases say "up to") while taking on all of
the potential legal liabilities of the Novell/IBM/RedHat legal cases
then the court probably has to allow it.
On the other hand, the conspiracy theorist in me says that reeks of
something fishy...

Bill Bogstad

believed to be clean.