Virtualbox OSE followup

 Last summer I installed VMWare Server with Windows XP as the guest os
under Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. In general it worked well, but the reason I
did this was so my wife you view the Big Brother feeds on Real Player.
You simply can't authenticate on RealPlayer for Linux. The problem was
that the images tended to freeze after a short time. Actually, VMWare
player might have been a better choice. More recently I installed
Virtualbox OSE again with XP as the guest and Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon as
the host OS. Yesterday I used my wife's account to log into the Big
Brother feeds, keeping a can nearby so I could throw up :-). Real Player
worked well with the feeds working as they would native.

So, I would think that Virtualbox OSE is a pretty decent product. Not
sure what I might do with it because there is really nothing I need
Windows for. I do need IE for some web sites, but I can do that under
WINE.

Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846