how much RAM do I really need?

 I have a virtual server at OpenHosting and I'm thinking of switching to
another provider (recommendations welcome--so far, Linode looks best)
because it looks like I can get a Debian system elsewhere at a price
competitive with OpenHosting (which only does Fedora/CentOS).

But I'm having trouble confirming that other providers' prices *are*
competitive, because other providers give package deals for "X disk, Y
bandwidth, Z RAM", while OpenHosting uses a "utility pricing" model in
which, say, a high-disk low-bandwidth server can cost as much as a
low-disk high-bandwidth server.  My current virtual server takes up on
the order of 3 GB disk (trivial), 1 GB/month bandwidth (less than
trivial), and 250-400 MB of RSS.

That memory statistic looks like it's pushing against the limit of the
cheap plans at other virtual-hosting providers.  (VPSLink offers 128 MB
of "dedicated RAM" for $15/month; Slicehost offers 256 MB for $20/month;
Linode offers 360 MiB for $20/month.)  But maybe the RSS on my current
server is so high because, well, the physical memory is there and the OS
isn't going to swap out anything that doesn't need to be swapped out.
How can I tell?

The server is being used for my (and my wife's) personal email and our
personal Web site, including a blog running on top of MySQL. After I
upgrade the server (either by switching to a new provider or by
upgrading within OpenHosting from Fedora Core 4 to CentOS 5), I will
want to experiment on it with Plone and Zope.

believed to be clean.