Re: Forwarding ports via ssh

 Bill Horne wrote:
>>> I _CANNOT_ telnet to port 40110 on the Debian box from the laptop's
>>> DOS prompt: I get "connection refused" errors.

And you're sure it's turned on in the sshd_config? It should say:
AllowTcpForwarding yes
It isn't allowed by default in some builds.

I've also seen where it may also need to be restarted on the target
machine after the edit, but alot of time just changing the config,
logging out and back in will pick up the new settings.
Grant M.
--
Grant Mongardi
Senior Systems Engineer