Re: IMAP email providers

 > Well it's been grand using Dovecot IMAP with LDAP, but time to
> retire our in-house email stack and let a commercial provider take
> all the headaches away.
> Anyone out there have suggestions for a provider that can handle:
> - Thunderbird and Outlook clients
> - IMAP with SSL and TLS
> - iCal
> - secure web mail

take a look at http://www.mailtrust.com/ (formally webmail.us). they
specialize in email hosting exclusively. my company and several
others i work with have been using them since 2004 and the service
has been excellent.

they support everything you asked for on the above list with the
possible exception of iCal. that is, you can subscribe to calendars
in iCal but they do not yet support caldav, which would allow you to
edit your calendars in ical. but you can edit them through the web
interface. so you can still sync from mailtrust > ical > isync > palm/
iphone etc.

rajiv

believed to be clean.