Re: kernel panic

 I would be VERY weary of general reboots on kernel panics outside of dev
purposes. I don't believe you actually get any kernel debug output except on
the screen which is lost. Most importantly if you have a bad disk and it
crashes it will cause a kernel panic ioct write or something very close to
that. If you reboot you loose which disk went bad and all it's going to do
is panic on reboot again and you will just perpetually reboot the computer
and it never stops. I actually love the idea of kernel dev in a VM though
i've never done that and would love to know the +/- on that. Overall message
though, kernel panic auto reboots I really don't like. ~Ben