Re: file shredding tools

Bill Ricker wrote:
> In JABR's case, he's not protecting HIS regulatory compliance, he's
> protecting his CUSTOMER's compliance, so needs to match THEIR paranoia
> and risk level.

The other part of it is the customer specifically told us what
to use for Windows machines, but for the Unix end, they basically
said they hadn't already considered the environment, and they
need our input to help them define their requirements.

My opinion, from a technical perspective, is that the GNU shred
or wipe commands should meet their requirements, but the
non-technical aspects that an auditor will consider are outside
my areas of expertise.

--
John Abreau
IT Manager