RE: Fwd: Capture video from MiniDV over USB?

 > > You COULD shove full-rate DV down a USB 2.0 pipe. It's just
> that very
> > few camcorders bother to implement it.
>
> Really? Without dropping so many frames that the video turns to crap?

I used to have a JVC digital cam that could stream good quality mpg4 via
USB.  To my eyes it looked almost DVD quality.

What Mark says seems possible but not sure if any hardware actually does
it.

[quote = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usb#USB_compared_with_FireWire]
Although similar in theoretical maximum transfer rate, in real-world
use, especially for high-bandwidth use such as external hard-drives,
FireWire 400 generally, but not always, has a significantly higher
throughput than USB 2.0 Hi-Speed.
[/quote]

- Eric C.

believed to be clean.