Re: comcast [somerville,ma] network flakiness?

 On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Scott R. Ehrlich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  I perform traceroutes by IP address, so I take DNS out of the picture.

Yes, the -n option is useful too :-)

>  There were major delays just leaving the modem, then delays beyond. As for
> DNS, my /etc/resolv.conf's primary DNS is a local external one that is very
> reliable, but not one that I maintain.

Usuaully Comcast can do a trace from their backend to your modem's HFC
address.  I presume you exhausted this route?  Other than that, I
can't debug issues for a company that sucks anyways...heh
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
--

believed to be clean.