ext4 and reiser4 availability

 Ben Holland wrote:
> Well I could look online but I could also ask here, any idea when ext4 will
> be out? Is it out already? ~Ben

ext4 is in the current kernel source, but is still considered under
development. No Linux distribution that I know of has yet adopted it as
its "native" file system; as somebody pointed out, Fedora 9 lets you
optionally install it. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4

Given that this started as a thread on Hans Reiser, it's possible that
you really meant to ask about the fate of reiser4. That file system is
not part of the main Linux kernel sources; source code used to be
available on namesys.com while it was still up, but the state of the
code base is unclear given Reiser's legal entanglement. At least one
Namesys programmer is still working on it; see
http://chichkin_i.zelnet.ru/namesys/ See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiser4 for more background on reiser4.

believed to be clean.