Re: Comcast "Economy Internet"

 Bill Horne wrote:
> And the other posters are correct: Comcast is evil.

Speaking of Comcast, I received a postcard from them this week promoting
an "Economy Internet" service.

The ad focuses on all the junk software and services they bundle, and
conveniently doesn't mention the data rate anywhere except in the fine
print.

How slow is it? 768 Kbps. Funny, given all the ads they've ran over the
past few years pointing out how much faster cable modem service was
compared to 768 Kbps DSL (even though most DSL users are probably
running at 1.5 Mbps).

So for only $25/month you get all the speed of a $15 DSL connection and
all the port filtering of Comcast.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro