Re: Getting rid of land line?

 Ever since I left college i've never had a lan line. I did in my first apt,
and my room mate and I only ordered pizza with it, everyone had our cell
phone numbers. As far as 911 goes... if you need it on a lan, chances are
you know where you live so a police officer wouldn't really need a trace
line. I have been living without a lan for about 5 years now, and I've never
come across an actual time when I had to have one, though I do admit I have
also never needed 911. Also as far as numbers go, see if you can find one
that will let you keep your current number? I don't know the general
availably of it though. Or just get a cell and keep your lan for 6 months or
something, anyone who calls you just ask them, did I give you my new contact
number? Email your friends, family... etc. Basically my message would be
this, I don't need one, I haven't needed one, and I like not having one.
~Ben