Re: HDHomeRun and Comcast

 On Wed, 28 May 2008, Tom Metro wrote:

> I recently acquired a used Silicondust HDHomeRun for use with MythTV, and am
> doing a basic check out of its functionality with the config utility
> Silicondust supplies for Windows and VLC.

I use Linux and a python script from
http://www.nivex.net/programs/hdhomerun/

I also very much recommend you upgrade the firmware to the latest, though
I _think_ Silicondust includes that ability in its setup program.

> Has anyone set up an HDHR for use with Comcast that gets their signal from
> the Newton/Needham head end?

I'm in Somerville.   When I moved here around 2001 and had a cable modem
installed, the tech ended up replacing the coax from the pole to
higher-grade stuff.   The same grade was put in place where I have the
hdhr now.   The signal is split a few times anyway, but the hdhr shows
great strength and several choices.  I have either 8vsb or qam.