Re: Choice of ISP

 Bill Ricker wrote:
>>> I used to have Verizon DSL but have switched to FiOS.  What is the
>>> advantage of DSL over FiOS?
>> DSL doesn't NEED Verizon...for one thing.

It doesn't need Verizon for the signal, but it's their copper.  I'm
still relying on Verizon to maintain the physical copper cable.  And
they're not doing a very good job of that.

> And doesn't cut your copper

I've been thinking about that.  It really irks me, but looking at it
objectively, the copper is broken.  How hard should I fight to keep
broken, unusable copper they won't fix right and I can't fix myself?

 > Copper breaks can be repaired by a guy with pliers and a ladder.

...And our government can be run by selfless, logical, focused leaders
that consider both the long term and the big picture for the betterment
of all our people, but it's not.  My copper breaks a few times a year
and it's a battle to get them out to "fix it".  They have no motivation
to maintain my copper.  They hate copper and want to move everyone over
to FiOS.

believed to be clean.