Re: procmail and imap?

 Scott R. Ehrlich wrote:
> I have procmail set up on another account to help filter spam.
>
> I also sometimes use Thunderbird via IMAP to check email.
>
> While Thunderbird was open, I used it to check my email.   An item that
> procmail _should_ have picked up ended up in my inbox.
>
> So, what takes precedence - procmail, an imap connection, or whoever
> gets to it first?

If everything is configured properly procmail is the process that puts
the mail in the mailbox.  Your MTA (sendmail, postfix, etc) should be
configured to deliver the mail to procmail, which puts it in the right
IMAP folder.

It may be that the procmail rule is not working as you expected.  You
can debug the problem by setting "LOGFILE=$HOME/foo.log" and
"VERBOSE=YES" in your .procmailrc file.

believed to be clean.