Re: [off-topic] Re: Boy Scout Open Source

 On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Boland, John <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> randy,
>
> once you leave the northeast, the degree of acceptance of differences
> decreases dramatically, in my experience.

What a horribly narrow, closed-minded world view.  I'm sure it's a scary
world once you leave your Ivory Tower of the northeast (where everyone
thinks the same as you, and everyone else is weird) and contact people who
think you're weird because you think differently than do they.

This whole "everyone is a racist/bigot/intolerant ass except me and my
group" is getting tired and worn out.

Diversity is just that...diverse.  It includes people you don't like because
they think differently than you.

That knee-jerk reaction of folks like you is to call everyone a racist/bigot
and then hide behind a facade of being accepting.  "Oh, well that group of
people think that what they do is OK...I can't stand them.  I can't believe
those people have those views!!  Those views are wrong!  Go get the torches
and rope!  BURN THEM!"  That kind of thinking is no different than any other
hate group.

You expect those people to accept those they disagree with, but are
perfectly comfortable not accepting those that think differently than you.
That is the very definition of hypocrisy and it's running rampant in this
country.  Especially in the Northeast, where you're nice and cozy with the
rest of the hypocrites.

believed to be clean.