        From: Paul [mailto:[hidden email]]
        Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 11:41 AM
        To: Boland, John
        Cc: randy cole; [hidden email]
        Subject: Re: [off-topic] Re: Boy Scout Open Source

        On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Boland, John
<[hidden email]> wrote:

                randy,

                once you leave the northeast, the degree of acceptance
of differences
                decreases dramatically, in my experience.

        What a horribly narrow, closed-minded world view.  I'm sure it's
a scary world once you leave your Ivory Tower of the northeast (where
everyone thinks the same as you, and everyone else is weird) and contact
people who think you're weird because you think differently than do
they.

        This whole "everyone is a racist/bigot/intolerant ass except me
and my group" is getting tired and worn out.

        Diversity is just that...diverse.  It includes people you don't
like because they think differently than you.

        That knee-jerk reaction of folks like you is to call everyone a
racist/bigot and then hide behind a facade of being accepting.  "Oh,
well that group of people think that what they do is OK...I can't stand
them.  I can't believe those people have those views!!  Those views are
wrong!  Go get the torches and rope!  BURN THEM!"  That kind of thinking
is no different than any other hate group.

        You expect those people to accept those they disagree with, but
are perfectly comfortable not accepting those that think differently
than you.  That is the very definition of hypocrisy and it's running
rampant in this country.  Especially in the Northeast, where you're nice
and cozy with the rest of the hypocrites.

believed to be clean.