Re: Boy Scout Open Source

 On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 17:18:11 -0400
John Abreau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm picturing a panel discussion with several speakers, such as
> Richard Stallman, Eric Raymond, and Bruce Perens.

I don't think that would work. All 3 have very different ideas, and I
know there is no love lost between Stallman and Raymond.  It would
certainly be an excellent meeting,  what I am proposing is a much
different venue. I would like to see a real world presentation targeted
at both the small business owner who certainly can save a lot of money
by switching to OpenSource software, but also to the end desktop user.
The problem with RMS, Eric, and Bruce is that they are all very
technical, and while many of our members are techies, I'm also looking
for something to try to attract others.

But, if we could make that happen we certainly would get a 100+
attendance.

Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846