Re: Boy Scout Open Source

 Based on John's comment, "Of course, there's also an alternative slate:
Steve Ballmer, Jack Valenti, and Dick Cheney," I assumed the whole
suggestion was tongue in cheek.

With regard to your comment that you'd "like to see a real world
presentation targeted at both the small business owner ... but also to
the end desktop user," that's somewhat different than what I was
envisioning.  What I had in mind was a meeting with a facilitator rather
than a presenter.  The idea is to start from the assumption that we
don't have good, easy-for-non-techies to understand, arguments for
convincing the non-technical of the advantages of Open Source.  So, what
about a session in which the technical people who attend BLU are
encouraged to step outside of their usual roles, try to put themselves
in the shoes of someone who doesn't understand the things they do, and
then try to envision what sorts of arguments they'd find compelling.  A
panel of facilitators with one or two technical people and one or two
businesspeople with minimal technical background, and one or two
non-technical end desktop users, could be very useful in helping to
guide the conversation.

    Mark