Re: "no server" rule

    Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:23:02 -0400
   From: Matthew Gillen <[hidden email]>

   Well, you're never safe.  Here's the part I love with Verizon's Business
   TOS:  It's up to YOU to monitor their website for changes to the TOS.  So
   even if they made that pledge, what they're doing here is essentially
   reserving the right to change it at any time:

I wonder if that has ever been challenged legally.  I vaguely recall
reading about a case (on Groklaw?) where that kind of "we can change
terms whenever we like, and you're responsible for constantly visiting
the site and diffing the terms" was considered unreasonable.  In this
case, the early termination fee would probably be even more
unreasonable.

   > Revisions to Terms of Service. You understand and agree that we may
   > revise the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including any of the
   > policies which may apply to use of the Service) from time to time by
   > posting such revisions to the Verizon business website at
   > http://business.verizon.net/policies/tos.asp. (the "Website") and by
   > posting to the Announcements page located at
   > http://business.verizon.net/announcements. You agree to visit these web
   > pages periodically to be aware of and review any such revisions.
   > Revisions to the Agreement are effective upon posting to the Website. By
   > continuing to use the Service after the date the revision(s) are posted
   > to the Website, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by
   > them. If you do not agree to the revision(s), you must terminate your
   > Service immediately and such termination may be subject to any applicable
   > early termination fees.

believed to be clean.