From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf
Of John Abreau
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:13 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Erasing hard drives - Erase-O-Matic?

I have a Seagate 750gb hard drive that's died, and that I'm preparing to
return for warranty replacement.

I tried to use DBAN to erase the drive, but it's unable to detect the
drive at all, never mind wipe its data. I did a google search for hard
drive degaussers, and found a lot of options that would cost between
$2,000 and $40,000.

Then I ran across "Erase-O-Matic" for $199, which claims to wipe hard
drives. It strikes me as too good to be true, which makes me wonder if
it's some sort of scam. So far I haven't found any data to help me
figure out whether it's legitimate.

Has anyone here used this device, and can say how well it works?

Thanks.

    http://erase-o-matic.com/

IM: [hidden email] / abreauj@AIM / abreauj@Yahoo /
zusa_it_mgr@Skype Email [hidden email] / WWW http://www.abreau.net /
PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9 PGP-Key-Fingerprint 72 FB 39 4F 3C 3B D6 5B E0 C8
5A 6E F1 2C BE 99

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.