Re: legal agreements that are moving targets

 Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Credit card companies routinely change terms, but they always send
> them to you in the mail.

I remember that these notifications used to come in the form of "here
are the parts that we changed." That still happens some of the time, but
increasingly you see them just saying, "here's the new agreement" where
the specific changes are buried in a 5 page agreement, or they give you
6 or 7 new paragraphs that sound identical to the original agreement,
but apparently have a few key words altered in them somewhere.

Change of terms notices from PayPal are like this too. They just point
to a new agreement.

Are we going to need to start using diff on our legal contracts?

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA