Re: Running from External Disk: trackpad question

 Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Wait, you have a circular trackpad? Perhaps the square is part of why
> I don't like it

Yes, a real circle.  With a raised edge to hold my finger in on the fast
curves.  And under Linux most uses of the scroll are more responsive
than is my Ipod (they are overloading their little CPU in recent models).

See a picture:
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/images/LargerPhoto/W4_Head_On_pp11205.jpg

Mine looks like the picture except: 1) more beat up, 2) doesn't have
stupid MS stickers, 3) is Japanese model so has different keyboard.

Weighs less than a Macbook Air, has internal CD/DVD, replaceable and
longer life battery, and a *lot* more IO.  That exact model, W4, is
obsolete these days, replaced with very similar W7.  Damn nice.

-kb, the Kent whose W4 in need of repairs has now arrived in Chicago,
next stop: Japan.

believed to be clean.