From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf
Of Kristian Erik Hermansen
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:36 PM
To: BLU Discussion List
Subject: Pirating Ubuntu?

I have a very interesting and funny question to ask all of you.  Is it
possible to pirate Ubuntu?  A friend of mine recently pointed me at a
link to Best Buy's website and asked if it would be illegal for him to
buy the disc, rip it, and place a torrent online of the item Best Buy is
offering.  It is the "Complete Edition", which I am unsure what that
means exactly.  See for yourself.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8888563&st=ubuntu&lp=1&typ
e=product&cp=1&id=1211587312374

This is a very serious question and not to be taken lightly.  Perhaps if
no one can point me in the right direction here, I might have to contact
the Free Software Foundation :-)  Thanks!
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
--

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.