Giving up on Fedora 9

 Too many problems with the new XWindows stuff and the new KDE version.
Not interested in debugging it any more.  It's just not ready for prime
time.

I've always looked curiously at Kubuntu, but it's so different.  I know
the package manager is DEB instead of RPM, and you can't log in as root,
you use sudo instead (by default).  If I were to switch, what are the
other big differences I would see?

I guess enough time has gone by that I should consider SUSE again.  How
does that compare to Fedora (not just what's better or worse, but what's
different)?

I always have the option of reinstalling Fedora 8, which has the added
advantage of being what's on my server, so I can maintain both more easily.

Thanks.

PS: I'm not feeling well, but I hope to go to the meeting tomorrow night
anyway.

believed to be clean.