Re: Waffling on the iPhone

 I feel the iPhone is meant for two groups of people.

Those who have more money than they know what to do with

and

those who want to profit from the aforementioned group.

If the iPhone (future) applications provide a compelling argument, then
I will follow the crowd - eventually....

Until then, I will only have it if somebody else wants me to due to some
real or perceived business need and pays for it apart from my salary or
compensation.

The only work i do on my simple cell is verbal communication.

I need a real keyboard, if I am going to do real work on a
computer-network which seems to be what the iPhone is the beginning of
and wants to be.

Until I can effectively write scripts and the like, the iPhone is more
of a delightful toy than a real tool in my thoughts.

So, no; I for one do not feel inclined to feed AT&T, yet....

But y' know I eventually broke down and bought a cell phone,

so probably sooner or later I will

get an iPhone or something like the iPhone. I'll try to wait until it
runs Linux?..