Autofs questions

 I just set up autofs on our servers in our office. One issue is that
direct mounting does not work in Linux:
eg. in auto.master:
/-   /etc/auto.direct

in auto.direct:
/foo -fstype nfs,rw,xxx  server:path

But, I can achieve this using yp. While I have seen some references to
using NIS(yp) to mount home directories, I have not found a decent
online reference either in the Red Hat documentation tree or otherwise.

The main directory tree I wanted automounted works fine, but I have 1
direct, and also /home. I can do /home easily with:
*          -fstype=nfs,rw,nosuid,soft     server:/home/&
(actually, I would probably use sync and hard as options).

But, I think for /home, using yp would be a better way to go, but I
only have 10 users, and we would be adding or removing maybe 1 or 2 per
year. I only have 1 directory I want automounted, but there is no
problem putting that into fstab on the clients.

Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846