Re: Quick Thunderbird question

 Jerry Feldman wrote:
> With claws, I could set the properties of a folder to automatically
> set the listserv address when I reply.
> Does anyone know of a way to set thunderbird to handle
> listservs a bit more automatically.

I've been using this:

Folder Account

It does what you want, but as a minor side effect. Its main purpose is
to set the identity (from address) used when composing messages based on
which folder you have selected.

The author was nice enough to add a "Default-To:" option at my request.
This appears on the folder's property dialog. You set this to the list
address and check the "add to cc" box and it'll appear as the To address
on new messages and Cc address on replies. Though for replies, it is no
different from "Reply All" on some lists, so it may not work for you if
you object to deleting the author's address.

The down side to this approach compared to the "Reply To List
Thunderbird Extension" is that it requires that you custom configure it
for each folder, and that you have your mailing list messages sorted
into their own folders.

The up side is that it provides the identity switching functionality
(which I find to be far more important) and doesn't have the dependency
requirements of the "Reply To List Thunderbird Extension."

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA