Re: Flatbed Scanner

 My favorite scanner is one that I purchased at work a few years ago:
a Ricoh IS100e. It was too expensive for home use, as it cost $800 at
the time. I was lucky to find one on eBay recently for $100, so now I
have one at home, too.

The IS100e is a standalone scanner with an ethernet connection: you
enter an email address before hitting the scan button, and it  emails
the scanned files as attachments to the address you entered. It can
scan as color or black-and-white, and create either JPEG images
or a PDF file. It also has an auto document feeder.

The IS100e model is discontinued, and the current model, the IS200e,
lists for $1,600.  But liquidators occasionally sell them on eBay, so it's
worth keeping an eye out for them. It certainly paid off for me.