HDTV storage needs

On 10/02/2008 11:47 AM, Grant M. wrote:
> Jerry Feldman wrote:
>  =20
>>> RCN doesn't do analog in Waltham any more :(
>>>  =20
>>>      =20
>> AFIK, cable companies are required to provide analog until 2012. They
>> can do this by either providing analog/DT/HD feeds or by providing
>> digital converter boxes free of charge to some subscribers. Currently
>> Comcast is providing analog, but they have cut out a few of channels.
>>    =20
>
> FIOS stopped providing analog as of several months ago. I was using it
> for my hauppauge card.
> Grant M.
>  =20
I'm not sure where Verizon FIOS fits legally, but the FCC requires cable =

companies to continue to provide analog or provide a box free of charge=20
to basic cable subscribers. Right now I know a couple of Comcast=20
subscribers who are very upset that Comcast no longer supplies channel=20
40 (TruTV) and channel 53 (MSNBC). With the cable companies who are=20
still providing analog, it's a bandwidth issue because, as I mentioned=20
they have to provide 3 feeds on the same physical cable. with Waltham=20
being the Precision City, they might have passed an ordinance against=20
analog in the city limits.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846