How to determine power draw

There is a difference between 'rated' and 'running' and 'starting'
draw.  Normally the 'rated' is the maximum.  Motors starting draw a LOT
more than they do when running (like fans, disk, etc).  If you use a
'clamp on amp meter', you can read this.  At one time Radio Shack had a
cheap clamp on amp meter with a RS-232 adapter.  It worked like a champ,
and wasn't that expensive.  I think it was made by Fluke.

<story warning>
When helping set up a server room once, we had to go back and re-strap
all the SCSI disk drives (80 or so), so they used the 'startup delay'.
This means they would wait a few seconds times the SCSI ID, so not all
drives would start at once.  It saved us needing to add a lot more power
to the room.
</story warning>

Or, do an inventory of your equipment and go to the mfg web site and
check the power requirements listed there!

... Hope it helps! ... jack