Recommendations for Linux on Lenovo

Hi,

I've got a new job [1], and want to order a Lenovo laptop (Lenovo is
an approved vendor) that will work with the latest Kubuntu 8.10
(Intrepid Ibex).

Linux on Laptops http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/lenovo.html points to this post
http://blog.dreamdevil.com/index.php/2008/05/08/installing_ubuntu_8_04_on_lenovo_r61/
showing that Ubuntu 8.04 seems to work well on the R61

>From what little I know about the Lenovo lineup, I think the T500 is newer.

I was looking at the ThinkPad T500 15.4" widescreen with integrated
graphics (because I know the ATI and nVidia drivers are not available
yet in Ubuntu 8.10)

But I am not familiar at all with the Lenovo product lineup so I'm
wondering if anyone here is using Kubuntu / Ubuntu on a Lenovo and
especially anyone that has upgraded to the newest distribution
release.

Thanks,

Greg

[1] http://rundlett.com/cms/blog/imagineering