Recommendations for Linux on Lenovo

    Greg> But I am not familiar at all with the Lenovo product lineup
    Greg> so I'm wondering if anyone here is using Kubuntu / Ubuntu on
    Greg> a Lenovo and especially anyone that has upgraded to the
    Greg> newest distribution release.

I'm running Intrepid Ibex on a Thinkpad R50e with no obvious
problems.  I don't think I've used the wireless since upgrading, and
it's pretty much a web browsing machine so there's a lot I haven't
tested, but as far as I know it works.  I've been using Ubuntu on it
since Dapper, and haven't had many problems that couldn't be fixed,
although there have been power management glitches on previous
releases that were pretty annoying.  But nothing terrible in the 3 or
4 weeks I've had Intrepid.  (I upgrade the laptop 2-4 weeks before the
release, and then if there aren't problems, I usually get around to
doing the desktop 2-4 weeks after release.  I did the desktop
yesterday.)

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

There is a law that no formal fromework of an organisation, or a
society, can affect.  Or not for long.  It is that those who do the
work are the real rulers of it, no matter how they are described.

Doris Lessing, The Sirian Experiments