how to enable openssh log

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:58:49AM -0800, Dave Peters wrote:
> I tried to enable openssh log to dub the error but no luck. Any suggestion?
>
> /etc/sshd_config
> LogLevel INFO

That's the default loglevel I think.

>From there, you look at the SyslogFacility to determine how it's being
reported to syslog.  Then you look at your syslog configuration file to
determine where that particular syslog facility is being logged.

If you gave more information, like what OS/distro you're using, someone
may be able to point you to the file you need to look at.

/var/log/secure is where it ends up on my Fedora box.

-ben

--
if everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
                                                     <mario andretti>