Linux InstallFest XXXI - Dual Boot and extra hard drive

> 1)
> Would it be okay to bring my existing Windows XP Pro Machine
> and have it made into a dual boot machine at the next Install fest?
>
> 2)
> Is it reasonable to expect help with setting up a new 500 gig
> disk as 1/2 linux and 1/2 windows?
>
> 3)
> Could I entice someone to come to my house in Charlestown
> with Free Beer and Food to help me?
> I just want to skip RTFM for startup.

Hi.

This isn't what you're asking for but I offer it anyway.  Instead of dual booting why not just have a virtual instance of Linux.  No rebooting to switch environments among other reasons.  I just used virtualbox but had winblows as the guest.

http://www.virtualbox.org/
http://newmag.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/virualbox_xp.png

But I'm sure many blu'ers would help with 1 and 2.  Not sure about 3.

Hope that's useful,
Eric C.