xorg.conf help needed!

So, I finally bought my 42" LCD TV :-D
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/toshiba-regza-42rv530u/4507-6482_7-32815260.html

Now I need help making xorg.conf play nice.  On bootup, connected via
the VGA port, I can see the BIOS screen.  When it gets to grub, the
image gets slightly corrupted but I can make out enough detail to
choose different options for a moment until the TV says "unsupported
input" and displays nothing else.  The machine has an Intel graphics
chip.  I decided I didn't need to go all out with a crazy specd
system, and that all I needed was a cheap $250 PC from dell + hellanzb
+ vlc :-P

The issue is that I can only get the display to work with VESA driver.
 Nothing else seems to work.  However, I am no xorg.conf master and
require some help.  This LCD is a full hdtv 1080p.  The specs are at
the link above, but here is a quick summary.

Display
    * Diagonal Size 42 in - Widescreen
    * Technology TFT active matrix
    * Resolution 1920 x 1080
    * Display Format 1080p (FullHD)
    * Widescreen Modes TheaterWide, 16:9
    * Pixel Response Time 8 ms
    * Max V-Sync Rate 60 Hz
    * Analog Video Format NTSC

I want to get the 1920x1080 resolution.  How can I do it?!?!?!  Thanks guys!!

PS - It's 93 degrees out here in Los Angeles.  How is the weather back
home in Boston???
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
http://kristian-hermansen.blogspot.com