dual monitor automatic setup

Hi folks,

Is it possible to have Xorg server use multiple confs based on my
login ?

I have a setup at work where I use my laptop with a dell monitor
attached to get dual screens. the dell is a 1280x1024 and the laptop is
a 1680x1050. This works well.

However, when I come home with the laptop I want to plug it into my LG
24" monitor, and have that come up correctly too. This would be
1680x1050 + 1680x1050

the laptop has two login accounts, my work account, and my home account.
I was wondering if it is possible for the login account to be used to
control the Xserver, so that when I am at work and use login 'a' that I
get the screen setups correct (along with my work desktop), and then
come home, login as user 'b' and get my home desktop, along with correct
recognition of my home screens ...

or I am just asking for the moon ? :)

richard

--