[JOB:EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER]

With thanks to the mailing list owners for the privilege of posting here.
-- -- -- ---- -- -- ---- -- -- ---- -- -- ---- -- -- ---- -- -- ---- -- -

SolarWave Energy has an immediate opening for a full-time Embedded Software
Engineer who will assist senior engineers in product development.

SolarWave Energy is a small, growing company in the emerging Cleantech
field. We provide information technology products and services to the
renewable energy industry.  We are committed to an economy based on
renewable energy.

The Embedded Software Engineer will assist the system architect in the
development of SolarWave's data collection systems and communications
network.  The network processes and streams data to our servers and provides
two-way communication with the energy systems we monitor.  The work will
involve development, coding, and evaluation of various elements of the
network, including data loggers, network gateways, sensors, and
micro-controllers.  There will be significant opportunity for innovation and
creative development.

Our offices are in Cambridge and Littleton, MA.  We plan to relocate to the
Metro West area within a few months.

We offer:
.	competitive salary
.	opportunity to earn stock options
.	software design experience
.	opportunity for advancement as the company grows
Qualifications:
.	Bachelors Degree, preferably in computer science or related field
.	3 years minimum experience in related position writing C code
.	Experience with: C, gnuc, glibc, embedded Linux, Unix shell scripts
.	Experience with networking and data acquisition systems
.	familiarity with mySQL & related storage technologies, Php,
Perl/Python a plus
.	Windows IT support experience a plus
Experience in one of the following fields is also desirable:
.	Renewable Energy Systems
.	Energy Efficiency and Management
.	Energy Monitoring and Metering
.	LEED Building Certification
.	Environmental Monitoring
.	Adaptive Control Systems
The ideal candidate will be:
.	an independent critical thinker and self motivator who can also take
direction and seek guidance
.	a good communicator
.	flexible
.	able to work well in a small office environment
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity in the emerging Cleantech
industry, send a cover letter and resume to:

SolarWave Energy
617 242 2150
jobs=at=solarwave=dotto=com