wxWidgets

> wxWidgets is a pretty good cross-platform API, but I prefer QT.  QT has a
> very nice structure, easy to port and a nice WYSIWYG GUI designer which
> makes creating a GUI child's play.  Just throwing it out there in case
> anyone else wants to know about good cross-platform API's...

I did look at QT. I have to confess a little hypocrisy, I didn't want to
pay and I didn't want to release as GPL. Am I a bad person?

(I do have a good amount of GPL stuff out there, but I wanted try to sell
this service and there was an amount of non-trivial expertise directly
related to the product embodied in the code, so I guess I am a hypocrite
on some level.)

The wxWidget system is LGPL2 with a few extra provisions that make it
almost as permissive as BSD.