Comcast/Mythtv (OT?)

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 03:32:53PM -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I've heard that some cable companies are providing digital boxes free of
> charge to their low-end customers so hey can drop analog altogether.

Yes, but that's kind of beside the point.  The problem is that some of
us have nicely working MythTV set ups that are going to break because
our cable providers will transition their networks to all digital
transmissions.  Giving us a single cable box isn't going to solve
our problems.

-ben, who's waiting for the RCN "Analog Crush" to hit Somerville.

--
if you plan for a year, sow a seed.  if you plan for a decade, plant a
tree.  if you plan for a century, educate the people.     <chuang tzu>