QT

On 11/24/2008 02:33 PM, Gordon Marx wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>  =20
>> QT is based on C++, and GTK+ is based on C, so it depends in some case=
>> whether you use C++ or C.  You also can use GPL libraries with proprie=
tary
>> code.
>>    =20
>
> There are bindings for GTK+ in C++ (gtkmm). There do not appear to be
> C bindings for QT (not that surprising). Both seem to support a
> variety of other languages, such as Perl and Python.
>
> My guess is that just like GNOME vs KDE vs Enlightenment, most of GTK+
> vs QT vs EFL boils down to personal preference and learning style.
>  =20
True. Much depends on wha language you want to implement in. Another=20
depends on how the product will integrate on Windows Xp, Windows Vista,=20
Linux and Mac. If it can be built such that the installer loads the=20
appropriate support libraries automatically.

But, in all cases, you will need to test on the target systems, but that =

goes without saying.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846