Thou shalt not question Comcast

how did they get authority to port-scan "your system"?

I'm hoping that you have your own firewall at a minimum.

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
Of Richard Chonak
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:50 PM
To: discuss-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Subject: Thou shalt not question Comcast

It figures.

Comcast blocked my outgoing SMTP traffic a few days ago and sent a
notice to a comcast.net mail address I don't read, so I didn't find out
until the outgoing messages started bouncing after five days.

The message claimed that their anti-spam system had supposedly detected
spam from an infected system here -- not very likely, since I don't run
Windows.   I called Comcast to question their claim that my system was a

spam source, and the tech refused to back up the claim with any
evidence.

An hour later, he called me back to say they had port-scanned my system
and were warning me about a server on port 22 (!).   I haven't been
harassed by a corporation before, but this sounds like it.

--RC