fedora 10 installer

The fedora 10 installer lost a feature that I really liked.  It lost the
ability to copy the kernel+initrd from the DVD ISO image onto an existing
/boot partition, boot the kernel, then do an NFS or Hard-drive install where
you just point it at the directory containing the DVD ISO image.  In the past,
that would just work.

Now it expects the directory you point it at to be "unpacked".  For NFS that
isn't too bad (you can loop-mount the ISO image on the server, but you need to
add a parameter to your exports file that allows nested filesystems to be
served), but for a Local Hard drive install, that means you need to copy
everything out of the ISO image onto the local filesystem.  That seems like a
waste of time and disk space.

Is there a magic switch that I can use to get the old behavior back?

Thanks,
Matt