KVM/QEMU audio question (probably RTFM)

On 11/27/2008 11:15 AM, David Kramer wrote:
> Jerry Feldman wrote:
>  =20
>> I just installed Windows Vista Ultimate under KVM/QEMU on my home=20
>> system. Other than a couple of minor issues, such as not allocating=20
>> enough disk space (needs minimum of 7GB) everything came up fine excep=
t=20
>> audio. My previous experiences are wih VMWare and Virtualbox where the=
re=20
>> are some GUI configuration settings for audio and other things. I don'=
t=20
>> see where in the Virtual Machine Manager screens that I can enable=20
>> audio. (I know there is a command line option for qemu -soundhw). But,=
 I=20
>> don't know how to set it up from GNOME.
>>    =20
>
> Sure, convince me to use VirtualBox them move to KVM yourself!
>  =20
I wanted to try KVM, but at the time, I had no experience, and my=20
experience with KVM was ok, but I get no sound where I did get sound on=20
Virtualbox. I usually don't need to use Windows at all, but my test on=20
KVM was from Jarod's recommendation on this list. I usually do not=20
recommend anything durung installfests that I don't know how to do, and=20
last Saturday I did not know how to install a VM on KVM. And, I may go=20
back to Virtualbox if I can't get audio to work.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846