Ubuntu Ibex second monitor problem

Brendan Kidwell wrote:

> GNOME gets really pissy really quick if you try to run two instances on
> the same host in the same user context.

And... my experience has shown that lots of other"modern X tools and
applications are just as bad! Opera and Firefox just to name 2. But with
those, at least you can launch them with separate "profile" folders but in
the same user context. It's not the correct solution though. In general apps
should be designed accept the possibility of running two instances on
different X servers with the same config files and system login.