NetworkManager?

Guys,

I just recently set up another system with fedora 10, this time from
scratch. Or rather it was an install, not an upgrade. When I logged in,
the desktop had the network manager icon in the tool bar at the top of
the desktop. This does not appear on my upgraded fedora 10 systems. Does
anyone know if the network manager package is worth using? It looks like
it does auto connects etc for laptops which move from one place to
another. But for my desktop in my home office, which never moves, it may
not be worth using...

Thanks Steve.