MediaWiki presentation

Interested in MediaWiki, and how you can use it in production?

I'm going to be presenting at the BostonPHP user group meeting in
January (Wed, Jan 14th 6:30PM)
http://www.bostonphp.org/

My presentation is in __rough__ draft form at
http://freephile.com/wiki/index.php/MediaWiki/Presentation  The site
accepts OpenID registrations so if you've got an account with AOL,
Yahoo! etc. you can login and leave comments on the Talk page
http://freephile.com/wiki/index.php/Talk:MediaWiki/Presentation

Or, reply to this email thread.

I'd like to get input from anyone interested in such a presentation
about what your interests are.  You can shape the presentation.

* Do you want to know how to use MW - either standalone, or as a wikipedian?
* Do you want to know more about how the system works, including how
to theme it?
* Do you want to know how to configure/administer it in certain ways -
meaning what extensions do you need to do X?
* Do you want to know what extensions are, and how you can develop
your own custom functionality in MW?
* Do you want to hear about what's going on in the MW community and
new developments such as semantic mediawiki?

If planning to attend the talk, please RSVP
http://www.bostonphp.org/component/option,com_gigcal/task,details/gigcal_gigs_id,65/Itemid,42/
Map
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=10+Milk+Street+Boston+MA+02108+USA&hl=en

O'Reilly has published a new book on MediaWiki, by local author Daniel Barrett.
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596519797/

We've been in touch with O'Reilly and will try to get some promotional
materials.  Since the author is local, we may even be able to setup a
meet/greet at the event.

I'm hoping that we'll get a big turnout so please spread the word.
For those who can't make it, we also intend to post a video.

Best regards,

--
Greg Rundlett
Web Developer - Initiative in Innovative Computing